Mini-Amber is a reusable development platform that can be easily customized.
Choose your SoM , plug an extender, feel free using the shield: give shape to your ideas!
mini-Amber is equipped with lots of connectors that allow users to quickly and easily create stunning smart stuffs. But that’s not all, when you access to Amber philosophy you will also get a wide documentation in our repository and full detailed projects guides.
While it can be used on a desk as a traditional development system, it takes only 90 mm x 78 mm: a smart solution for very fast “custom peripherals” test, everywhere.
- excellent companion in the lab
- attractive prototypes development
- engineered to fit in an hand held enclosure
- well documented
Choose your SoM!
The first host processor connector provided is for VARISCITE VAR-SOM-MX6: pick yours among MX6 family and SOLO/DUAL family with single, dual or quad core options. Every necessary driver for mini-Amber board is available from VARISCITE.
Many others SoM, provided with a 200 pins expansion bus edge connector, can be used with a very small effort. Specifications on alternative SoM installations will soon be available.
The freedom of the Shield
One onboard 2.54 mm Shield connector offer you a wide choice of connectivity options.
For laboratory use: the test of every supported peripheral is very easy and fast as every connector signal is reported for that purpose.
- The board can equip an LCD through an RGB 8 bit per colour interface connector while an HDMI is supplied as additonal display connectivity option.
- Audio as well is present with a 3.5 mm standard connector for line-out stereo and an on board MIC. Line-in stereo signals are on the shield connector.
- A 1 Gigabit LAN connector is on board, while Wireless and Bluetooth / BLE connectivity are directly integrated in the SOM board. Other wireless connections like ZigBee 802.15.4 or beyond, have to be realized with an extender.
- Furthermore mini-Amber has 2 USB hosts and a micro-USB OTG host, two more USB connections are available through the extender and the shield.
- A serial-debug UART port is obviously present.
- Both resistive and capacitive ports are available for a touch panel.
- The mini-Amber board is also provided with a micro-SD slot.
- There is also a built-in clock with independent power supply.
- Power supply can be provided through a single 5V DC source and/or a Li-Ion battery.